Sunday, April 5, 2009

This one's for you Jeb

Thula and our neighbor

A family in our ward rescues abused reptiles. They have several snakes, turtles, and lizards of all types. They did a primary activity day for the kids where they brought a lot of them in. I'm holding this darling python. They also have an albino one, but I didn't get my picture taken with that one. The snake feels wonderfully cool and smooth. Thula takes after her dad (and grandpa) and wouldn't touch anything, I had to force her to take this picture with me.

14 comments:

mallena said...

Elaine, you seriously freak me out sometimes! Ewww, ewww, ewwwwwwwww! Good for you though for touching it. You're so quiet and nice, who would think you have such an adventurous side?

Jennifer said...

So would Jeb have been there holding the snakes or was he more like your dad? You're looking awesome in that picture, by the way. You're so cute preggo! Keep us posted on the baby news!

Michelle said...

Thula looks scared in the second picture! That python looks really heavy! Hope your baby comes soon, I cannot wait to see pictures!

Sierra Parke said...

Wow, you are pretty brave Elaine. There are two things I'll never touch: snakes and spiders!!!!!

Patty Sampson said...

You actually touched the snake? Of your own choice? I am super impressed! I am with the ranks of the squeamish and scared when it comes to snakes. :)

And I totally agree with Jennifer. You look FABULOUS!! I love your outfit, and you hardly look preggers at all. It is surprising you are due so soon! I am SOOOOO excited!!!!

Shilowe said...

Way to go, Elaine!

Cordell and Sarah said...

I had to look at your ticker to realize you are so close to your due date and I couldn't even hardly tell you were preggo in your picture. You are totally cute and CRAZY for holding those snakes. Wish I could have been there to cheer you on. Can't wait to here about your baby..I better get busy and mail your package :)

zimfam said...

NASTY! Was that taken at the Church building? I will never go to Church again if so...

Missy said...

Ewwww, Elaine. You are so gross! You definitely don't take after the Ely side!

Anonymous said...

I love how Thula is inching away from you and that darling reptile. You look so so so cute! Is your hair darker now? Can't wait to see that baby. You're to cool Elaine.

emily a. said...

I'm with Thula- GROSS! You do look amazing. Are you really 10 months pregnant?

Casey said...

I want to rescue abandoned animals...I'm glad you finally posted a picture of yourself. You do look great. Hardly prego at all! I'm jealous. -Amanda

KatobanBlessings said...

Eeeeewwww!! I didnt want to look twice at that long thing, i was going to have a nightmare...will you not do that again!!!AND PLEASE IF YOU PLAN ON PETTING ONE IN YOUR HOUSE, LET ME KNOW FIRST COZ YOU WILL BE THE ONE TO VISIT ME NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND....
I JUST LOVE YOU

Rob said...

For all of you out there Elaine has many years experience with corn snakes (constrictors) We had an albino snake for years. We used to buy a hopper (little mouse) every week and then gather around the cage and watch the snake eat it.

background

My Book Reviews

Widget_logo