Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The promised














What is that dada? Well, my child, that is how Lela fed.



Thula got to see Lela (Lay-la) and she was ecstatic! She was gleaming with joy. And rightly so (and by the way, this is Stuart not the super blogger Elaine. She is kinder indisposed right now :))



So, it's Lela Lindiwe Mushala and the little chubby cheeks is coming home Thursday. No, I did not pick Lela, Elaine did. I thought she was going with Lindiwe. Lindiwe rightly means, "We have waited for you." Which we have...seeing Thula is 5 and all and Lela was a week and a half late (besides, who says it has to be exactly 9 months). But I love Lela. She is definitely a Lela; Just like Thula is definitely a Thula (Thula was almost a Lindiwe and that would have been a shame)



And as for the meaning of Lela, well, my blogger wife will tackle that one. Am sure Blessings (yes, my brother’s name is Blessings) will be proud, or at least honored. He is a good kid, but I aint selling my rights for any pottage :)

Where was I? Oh ya Thula and Lela.
Thula also got some goodies (the whole ‘make sure your other child does not feel that life will cease to revolve around them’ thingy. But who knows, maybe after the second you are like “forget that!”). She not only got Enchanted Blue-Ray (Elaine’s has brainwashed of my kid to be all mushy…I would rather she got the Transformer movie or something with stuff blowing up or Matrixy. Because that way, I get to enjoy it too!).
She also got Chuck E Cheese's and Dunkin Donuts (hey, the Thula weighs less than a paper, and she earned it too…and this is the Northeast, we have a Dunkin Donut on every corner because America, runs on Dunkin…more like on Coffee). If only my parents did that, I might be a better man today :). (not the Coffee part, the make sure your other child does not feel that life will cease to revolve around them’ thingy). But it’s not like am not already forced to watch The Little Mermaid, Bugs Bunny, Tom and Jerry (I love Tom and Jerry!..Bugs bugs me but I have to watch it if Thubs asks me). And being the pedant that I am, I digress.

And that is that. Lela is here and we could not be happier. It is our responsibility to rear these children of our Heavenly Father in ways that will lead them back to Him. There is no happier dad (and mom) than me and my sweet bride.

Hey, this blog thing is not bad at all (but I aint doing it...except for special occasions, and this is a special occasion).

18 comments:

KatobanBlessings said...

Oh Stu, am proud of you..its great to read 'your' post! everyday is a special occassion, so do it again..
Lela is so adorable, and so is Thula, the big sis. I love my nieces, i cant wait to see them and give them loves. Dont worry daddy, no man is an island but maybe i'll take that back, just for your sake!!
i love you guys.

KatobanBlessings said...

okay i lookes at the pictures again, and i cant stop looking, but my favorite is when Lela shows her muscle...she is saying "i am Lela".
Oh i get now, Thula and Lela Mushala - la la la born 14th of Dec & 14th of April.
Smart parents!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family! Stuart you are so fun to read, I think you should reconsider your attitude on blogging because I'm sure you're not busy enough. Ha Ha. That baby is so pretty! I love her name. Congratulations to you both! Love ya

Sierra Parke said...

Great job posting Stewart. You are hilarious. Lela is sooooo gorgeous. What a healthy and strong baby...you guys did a great job!!! Thula is going to be a wonderful big sister. We miss you guys.

Kendy said...

Yeah great post, I so enjoyed reading it maybe you should post more often. Never mind maybe the post was so great cause you rarely do it. But anyways I love the pics and is Thula really 5. no way I thought she was Sariahs age 3.oops. Beautiful little girls you both have.

Michelle said...

Thula and Lela look a lot alike! I love the pictures with them together! Thula will be an amazing big sister! I cannot wait to see they grow up together!!!

zimfam said...

I love the pics with both the girls! So cute - can't wait to see you soon!

Amanda said...

I love the pictures of Lela and Thula. Shes going to be a great big sister, and such a help for Elaine. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Missy said...

What a pretty baby!! Congratulations Mushala's!

Anonymous said...

Elaine and Stuart she is beautiful!! Congrats! Elaine i love Lela!! how on earth did you ever narrow it down in your notebook?? Did you have to play M.A.S.H like a million times to get it??? Love you guys!!

Rob said...

thanx for keeping up with the blog Stuart. Now I want to see pics of mommy and daddy holding baby/babies.... is there a nurse in the house?
love Granny

Cordell and Sarah said...

Congrats!!! I have been waiting for this. Super excited for you guys. Beautiful names for beautiful girls! Are you feeling outnumbered Stuart? Can I ask about the feeding tube? Glad all is well. We love and miss you guys.

mallena said...

Way to go Stuart! I love Lela's middle name. It's perfect! I can't wait to hear the meaning behind Lela. I agree, Thula is a Thula. You guys are great at naming kids!

There is one thing I want to know though, was it worth the surprise of the gender? I'd love to know your thoughts when Lela arrived and they announced it was a girl!

I look forward to hearing from you again Stuart since I don't think Elaine will be able to do this for awhile. Now that you've proven to be "super husband" you can't leave us hanging.

Patty Sampson said...

Yippeee!!! She is here! I am so happy for you and Elaine. You are a good husband for taking over for Madam Super Blogger while she recovers. And congratulations on having another ADORABLE baby! You two sure do make them gorgeous. We love you and miss you!! Give our love to Momma and Baby.

The Molen's said...

Ok Stuey....that is some very great blogging. I really think you are a natural entertainer. Bryan and I had a great laugh. Little Lela is so sweet and you are right, Thula is rightfully Thula. Their names are fitting for each of them. I couldn't picture Thula with another name! She is going to be such a wonderful helper. So happy for you all.....definitely worth the long wait! Congrats to all of you! So exciting!!

geraldandmeganlove said...

CONGRADULATIONS! I have been watching to see when the baby would come and she is beautiful. I had a good laugh with Stuart's post and I definatly think that he should continue to add posts in the future. I am so happy for you guys. What an amazing family!

Candi said...

Oh Stuart you make me laugh! Good job blogging by the way. Congratulations you guys! Lela is beautiful! Thula will love being a big sister! Elaine, I hope you feel great in no time. We love you guys and are so happy for your new addition!

Kevin, Kelsey and Annalise.... said...

How adorable!! Congratulations you guys! Thula looks very happy to be holding her sister, they are going to be great together!

background

My Book Reviews

Widget_logo