Okay, so today was suppossed to be a great day, but as life sometimes goes, it didn't exactly happen. We had tickets to see a South African dance group called African Footprint. Stuart ofcourse had to work and so I was going to pick him up and go from there. I should have left way earlier because when I went to pick him up I couldn't see him and so I almost thought I was going to have to leave him behind. Finally, I saw him and he jumped in the car, only to be met by the worst traffic ever! If I could have met a Genie right then I would have wished for the car to be parked and a magic carpet to fly right to the concert! Well time was ticking and we were late. I started crying and Stuart said that he would just park the car for me and I could go ahead and run in. So I run into the Kimmel Center where I thought the concert was. Wrong! Just because I bought the tickets from there and they had big posters everywhere annoucning African Footprint, apparantly doesn't mean that they were holding it there. So an usher told me that it was at the Academy of Music a block away. So I race over there and have to climb a billion flights of stairs all the way to my nosebleed seats. When I open the doors into the theater it's pitch black and I almost trip all the way down the stairs and fall into the dark abyss over the railing. When I find my row my seat ofcourse is smack in the middle and the people sitting won't get up for me to sit. So I had to sit on the aisle stairs. Stuart never found me and I had to watch the whole concert by myself. I felt so sad inside. The dancing and the music were great though and if I ever got the chance to see it again I would. I have attached a clip for your viewing pleasure.
www.africanfootprint.com
Life Can Change So Fast
1 year ago

8 comments:
Elaine! I'm so sorry it didn't work out like you had hoped. Oh, it makes me want to cry too. I'm sorry, sorry, sorry. I'm glad you were able to get some sort of enjoyment out of it. Hopefully you will get another chance to see them again.
Oh dear. Did Stuart get to see any of it? I am sorry it went so bad. On a happy note....you looked HOT for your date!!
so funny (in a sad kind of way). I'm sorry it didn't work out better for you.
I just went to the site and it looks so so cool. I'm glad you at least got to see some of it.
wow that sounds sad that you and Stuart missed each other but the pics of the dancing was amazing! Glad you enjoyed that at least. love ya!!
What a sad experience! I am SO sorry for the stress and heartache you must have endured. :( You are such a trooper for sitting on the stairs, and being determined to see the group you love.
I am so impressed with your blog! It is gorgeous!! I love the frogs, the feeling of nature when you look at it, and the experience of being soaked up in another world. You have quite the creative touch my darling. Hope the next adventure into the city goes better.
oh sweet cousin! surely you found some popcorn or some sucked-on candy or something while you were sitting on the floor watching the program? if not - you shouldn't go back to that venue again - the cleaners aren't doing their job! maybe you didn't meet up wtih Stu because he was up there dancing? love you!
I saw that concert advertised- it looked like it would be wonderful. LOVED the pictures of Thula all dressed up like a little african mama!
Post a Comment