Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Berry Picking

Eating a delicious cider and cinnamon donut at the farm store

blueberry picking





our delicious berries
beautiful Connecticut
I found this lovely orchard and farm not far from where we live. I relived one of my favorite childhood memories of berry picking. Thula was so excited to pick her own berries. It was a very hot day though and when I asked her what her favorite part of the day was she said, "Eating my donut!" I had Lela in my moby wrap and she was miserable from the heat. I kept pouring water on top of her little head to cool her off and she liked that. We will go again in a few weeks and pick some peaches and apples.
And this is for Rosie and Mom
"We told you father we were berry picking."
"Oh, what kind of berries?"
"Blueberries!"
"It's to early for blue berries."
"It's been so cold lately they turned blue."
"Okay, let me see the berries, come show me the berries."
"Oh, well, we ate them."
"Well, since you have stuffed yourselves full of thousands of delicious berries, I shall simply tell Frau Schimit to skip your dinner!"
Thank you, thank you, that was all from memory.:-)


6 comments:

Doug and Mallena said...

Hey! I recognize that quote from the bottom of your blog. :) I'm impressed you did it by memory. I LOVE "The Sound of Music"! Ewwwww about the heat, I'm with Thula, the donut eating would be the best part.

Rob said...

sorry, folks, elaine has always been a bit touched in the head!

The Molen's said...

I miss you. Thula is so cute! What beautiful country!

KatobanBlessings said...

I wish we found it while i was there! Fresh fruits re the best!
Be sure to go back again!!

Patty Sampson said...

Ha! Ha! You crack me up! I loved picking strawberries as a kid. You kinda have to ignore the heat. But smart of you to think of pouring water on Lela to keep her cool. I bet it was very refreshing.

Lindsay said...

Yum, yum! We used to pick berries when I was a kid, and then my mom would make these delicious blueberry muffins! Wow, this brought back memories! What a fun trip! I can't wait for Fall when the weather will be nice and cool, but not cold yet.

background

My Book Reviews

Widget_logo