While I was making dinner, Thula told everyone to stay out of the dining room while she made something 'special' for Lela.
And this is the mess I got to clean up afterward.
In a burst of enthusiasm, Thula blew out the candle. Lela didn't mind, because then she got to eat what she came for, the candle of course! She was really chomping on that thing.

Everytime we sang, "Yay!" She would clap her hands.

Eating our family tradition of angel food cake. Thula and I made it together in the afternoon.

Thankyou grandparents for the wonderful gifts!
The 'after party.' After everything was over and we were getting ready for bed Thula said, "That wasn't the party that I imagined. You should have made it more fun mom." Haha. Parties for one year olds are the best for moms'!
This week is Thula's Spring Break and her school had a fundraiser at Chuck E Cheese. I didn't want to go waste the day in an arcade on such a beautiful day, but Thula really was looking forward to it. So we went and Lela got to spend part of her birthday with Chuck. At first Lela was a little unsure of everything, but then she got into the groove and really liked it. Thula was a great big sister and included her in her fun.


Thula just learned to ride her bike without training wheels. A couple of days ago she said that she was ready to ride without them. She took them off herself and away she went. She is a brave little rider, even when she falls and hurts herself she gets right back on and flies away. I was such a bawl baby as a kid, but she has more nails in her blood.






4 comments:
I love my babies. Next time, take a picture with them wearing my "LDHS" tees on! Lame Deer High School Rocks! (i really believe that too)
love Grumpy Granny
Happy Birthday Lela, we cant wait to see you guys. "And this is the mess I got to clean up afterward" Too funny. That cake looks SO good. My stomach is growling just looking at it.
Oh my goodness..Elaine! You could have said something..i knew there was something special this month that i was forgetting..Happy birthday Lela, i love you kiddo!
Happy Birthday Lela! I cannot believe she is one already!!!
Post a Comment