Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pumpkin Fun

You can tell the cooler weather is here because we have to wear hats and sweaters inside the house.

We went to the pumpkin patch at our favorite local orchard and Thula swore she saw Rumplestiltskin in the pear trees. I love kids!

Can you spot a little man in there somewhere? She thought maybe he was guarding a magical pumpkin. I asked her why she didn't go in for a closer look, but she was afraid. I guess Rumpy is a mean elf.






Lela loved the pumpkins and was so busy touching them that I couldn't get any pictures of her looking at the camera.





Bibbity Bobbity boo-Thula started singing this when she saw the pumpkin patch




Lyman Orchards in Middlefield, Ct. I love Middlefield, if I ever become a real hoity-toity nutmeggar than I would move here.




I did this craft with Thula. We picked leaves outside and then placed them on wax paper. We put crayon shavings on top of them and then placed another sheet of wax paper on top. We then ironed the two together. It was a fun project and it kind of looks like stained glass. :-)


I always take pictures of Lela on the brown couch and so I thought I would take one on the black couch. Enjoy!








6 comments:

Rob said...

I love Lela on the black leather couch! Thula is as funny as ever.
love Gwamma

Patty Sampson said...

Oh! Your girls are so precious. I just love seeing pictures of them. Thank you for posting so many. :) And I can't get over Lela and the pumpkins. You can almost see the gears turning in her little head!

zimfam said...

LOVE the top pic with Lela in her little bouncy seat (or whatever it is)...such cute pics - i haven't looked on here forever. such a cute family! Thula knows her princess music!

KatobanBlessings said...

Wow..before i comment on the kids, i wanna say the Orchard is beautiful and colorful!
The kids seemed to have enjoyed themselves picking and playing with pumpkins...the project looks awesome...Lela does look like her African grandpa!!

Michelle said...

I remember doing that same leaf craft when I was a kid! The pumpkin patch looks like so much fun! Your girls are as cute as ever!

Candi said...

the leaves project is such an awesome idea! I hope you don't mind if I steal it from you next fall?

background

My Book Reviews

Widget_logo