Monday, July 2, 2012

Fourth day in the life of baby

When I cam to the hospital (at this point I have been discharged and Stuart and I each come once a day) I found these IV's stuck in his head. Babies don't keep IV's very well and so they kept having to find new places to find veins. Before my visit for the night was over, the left vein had blown and they had to remove that IV and stick him in his arm. The doctor's thought they were going to have to run a PICC line through his body so that they wouldn't have to mess with the IV's, but we really didn't want that. It's painful and it runs a high risk of infection. Miraculously it never came to that.

What are you thinking about baby?

Thula accompanied me on this visit. She's a good big sister.

Are those horns on your head little baby?

Before I left I covered his head and now he looks like a little angel. The red splotch on his face his from the tape they were using to hold down his oxygen tube (since removed). He also has a smaller GI tube at this point so they are pulling out less stomach bile. We are on our way to real feeding!

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Yikes!!! All those tubes. Poor little fellow. Thula seems undaunted. Keep the updates comming!

background

My Book Reviews

Widget_logo