| Thula's newest joy is marbles. She found my old marble set from the 3rd grade and has wanted her own for awhile now. I found a nice set for her and she was so proud of it. She wanted to start a 'marble club' at school and asked her teacher if she could. The teacher said that would be fine and off she went with most of her marbles to school. Well after bringing them to school on that first day she came home in tears (bet you know where this is going). I was sympathized with her as she related having played with them on the playground and then not remembering what happened to them afterwards. She had retraced her steps and everything. So I said, "Let's try and go through your day one more time to see what may have happened to them." "Okay," says Thula. " We played with them on the grass and then we went inside for lunch and I didn't want to loose them so I put them in my lunch box. Oh wait a minute...." and she pulls out her lunch box and they are all there! It was a happy ending for a very distraught second grader. |
1 comments:
I'm so glad she found them! She was even more responsible with her marbles than she realized!
Post a Comment