Saturday, March 26, 2011

March fun

6

local St. Patrick's day parade. Thula left me and found a band of kids to go chase down candy with.

I love Irish/Scottish music!


hello!

Yes, I am a bad mother and I put her high chair in the living room while she finished up her lunch. It was the only way to stop her from crying-she wanted to finish watching her favorite movie The Sound of Music. See how happy she is now?


Thula and her friend were in the dining room making a these little signs. She showed me one and it said something to the effect that if people wanted to donate money to Japan they should drop if off at her school. She asked if she could post them around the neighborhood and I said it would be okay. Then later on after she's already hung up the signs she comes in and tells me that our old lady next door neighbor tore down some of the signs. I told her I was sorry and said to just put the signs up on the trees in our yard. Then Thula says, "I guess she didn't like the part about the killers." I said, "What are you talking about, aren't your signs about Japan?" She says, "Well mostly, but Lilly also wanted ask killers to stop killing and to brake their guns and knives and screwdrivers." Well there you have it folks. Please buy my rat infested house (a little fact Thula told our realtor the first time she came over-which we do not!) in a "killer" neighborhood!

A friend of mine and I took our kids to the Rainforest Cafe. A jungle themed restaurant with jungle animals that jump out and make noise and other special effects. Lela HATED every minute of it. She cried and screamed the entire time.

Thula loved it though.

It didn't help that our table was right next to the gorillas. It's funny that both her and Thula are afraid of apes. Periodically in the restaurant it would start 'storming" and then they would start hooting and hollering. Lela was terrified and  I think I have scarred her for life.

She kept her eyes covered the whole time as I held  her in my arms like a little baby.

Then she pulled her hood over her eyes. Poor little girl.

4 comments:

ryan and berni said...

Thula the "community advocate". Very cool! :) Loved the pictures of Lela covering her eyes...such a cutie.

Rob said...

She covered all the killer's bases by including screwdrivers.

Sierra Parke said...

Wow, Thula just keeps getting prettier and prettier every time I see pics of her! Lela is just so sweet...I want to squeeze those cute cheeks of hers. I'm glad to hear/see you are all doing so well. Happy Springtime!

Doug and Mallena said...

I'm sure you didn't complain getting all those snuggles in the restaurant. I'm with Lela, I don't think I would have liked it very much. :) I think Thula should go into politics. She's already trying to get people involved and working on fixing the community.

background

My Book Reviews

Widget_logo