Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Cats and Giggles

She's the giggliest baby I know







Thula in her new sun dress.


My lovely purple tulips. I can't wait to plant more and be known as the 'tulip house.'




Daddy coming home from work. Thula and Lily are playing in Arnie's yard. (Hot humid weather has rolled in hence all the diaper shots).













My neighbor has a double stroller and Lela loves to go for rides with her little buddy.






Lela also loves the neighbor's cat.



And ta-da! The humane society finally deemed us worthy enough to have a cat of our very own. Thula picked out this young simese mix. She is a good little kitty. I want to call her Sylvie, but Thula wants either Rose, Violet, or Katie. I think I'll just keep calling her Sylvie until it sticks. Lela is so curious of her, Thula is afraid of her (go figure), and don't tell Stuart, but he drools over her. He says he's not a cat person, but he's always making her sit with him and yesterday he came home with a big bag of cat toys and treats and a kitty toothbrush for her. He even said we could get another one so the kitty won't be lonely. Ahhww....









10 comments:

Michelle said...

Lela is so cute and smiley!!! I just can't wait to kiss those cute cheeks!!!
Love your new cat!! I LOVE cats but Yuyi says he doesn't like them, but you never know Stuart seems to be liking yours so maybe he can talk Yuyi into one?

Rob said...

what a little doll-face...she looks especially sweet holding daddy's hand. I'm sure your kitten is an angel, but I can't stop talking about MY 2 cats. (of course granny, people yer age always talk about their cats)
love me

zimfam said...

Elaine - you hate me!!!! It's settled. Now that you have a "cute" kitty you have to come see me ☻. I guess I won't be going to Connecticut anytime soon...

Amanda said...

The girls are looking so cute and summery! and Sylvie is so cute too. I'm glad the Humane Society found you worthy! The girls will love having a pet I know Maya will be jealous!

KatobanBlessings said...

Oh i felt sorry for her, walking with her little (cast?)on her arm. Poor little child....but us yes she is giggly. Am glad you got a cat, am not a cat person(i mean it) but get me a dog!
I cant believe how much taller Thula is. I just miss you guys,i cant wait to see all of you.

emily a. said...

What in the world happened to Lela's arm? Poor thing. She's adorable.

ryan and berni said...

Lela is such a cutie. Stuart a better man than I, Cats huh...well, I'll have to work on that one. :)

Patty Sampson said...

SOOOO CUTE!!!

Cordell and Sarah said...

So sad Lela broke her arm...she doesn't seem to mind though! How did she grow so fast? I wish I could grow tulips...but the deer eat just about everything here! I guess I will be planting iris' instead. You have a beautiful family. They are really growing! I can't believe Thula is scared of the cat. We miss you guys!

Amanda said...

I'm ready for an update:) More pictures please.

background

My Book Reviews

Widget_logo