Was missionary work that slow in the south? (hardy har...)
Just me and my dad at the rodeo
Thula experiencing one of many of grandpa's interesting gift ideas. I think this was lead gum from China.
The best part of the holiday's are your home made cards.
So after doing a little tribute to mom, dad said, "That was a really nice thing you did for your mother. But I know I won't get one." :=) "Yeah, right dad! How could I not leave my two cents about the man who's kept me laughing for 25 years!" I love you a lot and wish I could be with you so I could be punishing your swimming pool. (That was a little joke for you and Amanda!) Thankyou for teaching me about WWII and 6 million Jews, music (what not to like and pretend I don't like-can someone say, Tom Waites and Rodger Waters?), books (what not to like-Flannery O' Connor and pretend I don't like-can someone say, WWII?!), ideology-never trust a man in a turtleneck (at the very least, one tied around his shoulders) and my personal fave-you went from stuffing communist newspapers in my christmas stocking to secretly telling me you love George Bush and think Ann Culter is 'charming.' (Don't worry I won't tell Meg (O' Bama!) You are a lot of fun dad and I seriously thankyou for your generosity and love for me and all your children. We love you. (Oh no, where's Kirk, someone's trying to be a big shot!) :-)

8 comments:
Elaine I love your picture for the daddy daughter date!!!
So I'm assuming there are some inside jokes in that nice tribute to your dad. He sounds like a really great person. He obviously had to be in order to have such an amazing daughter.
Baby Elaine;
Thank you for that nice little tribute. Wish you were here right now punishing our pool (Don't know who amanda is but she's welcome too.) Why Does Mom have 6 pictures of her and I only have 4? I think Hitler said it best....oh never mind...Thanks for getting Meg mad at me for saying I "LOVE" Bush, and I never said Ann is charming, sexy maybe, but that broad's as charming as a shark. Also that candy that Thula is eating cost me a buck at the 99cent store so she damn well should've liked it. I miss you more than you'll ever know and I love you even more. A bushel and a peck a hug around the neck.....All my love DaD
Cousin -
ditto to uncle johnny making everybody laugh & LOVE the homemade cards and other artwork we're privy too! you are a sweetie - I found tickets to Philly for $69.00 - after August
5th - boo hoo. I WILL be coming out to see you! love you!
Your dad is an amazing artist! I loved those cards- that's quite a treasure.
That was so sweet Elaine. You are so cute. :)
Elaine.... that was perfect about dad... What a sweet little missionary he looked like! John, what happened? (I never knew anyone who could get as much mileage out of 6 million Jews as Dad..he claimed I was always kvetching about not saving them)
Great post about my favorite grampa john:) The other day Porter was smiling at me and I said "Porter you have a great smile" and he asked "like Elaine?" We sure miss you guys.
Post a Comment