Sunday, April 22, 2012

Springtime fun

Look at how pretty my roses are coming in!

Lela and her umbrella

This is a robin's nest in the rose bushes. I had to hurry and take this shot because the mama robin is one serious protector. One time when Stuart tried to peer in she repeatedly dived at his head. Thula and Lela saw it and were traumatized. I would give anything to have taken footage of that incident.

Lela enjoying The Friend magazine

Lela took advantage of a little puddle at the park with her new boots and umbrella

Lela and her friend Sam wathching her favorite show, She-Ra on her favorite device, the kindle via netflix

Thula in front of the Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts. I was able to help chaperone her class for a production of Lyle the Crocodile. It was a cute play. Thula also let me hold her hand in public. :-) I have never missed a single field trip of Thula's since she started school. I feel I'm pretty lukcy

Watching "Thunder over Louisville" on top of Stuart's work parking garage. It's the biggest firework show in the country-even after all the 4th of July celebrations.They have two 'grand finales' with the last one ending with firing cannons (hence the thunder). They have a military air show before the fireworks that was really fun to watch too. This is all for the Kentucky Derby which will be happening in two weeks.

2 comments:

Rob said...

Your roses look beautiful and Lela is so sweet with her umbrella...such little things make kids the happiest. Love the Robins!

love Granny Robin

Rob said...

i should have mentioned those robins are so sweet and alive. I have dead robins around the house, because Iggy catches the juveniles who are just learning to fly. and then he licks them when they don't wake up again.

background

My Book Reviews

Widget_logo