Thursday, June 23, 2011

Capitol Building and Rose Garden

I had this great idea to go see the flower gardens in West Hartford. Well I couldn't have picked a rainer day. So when we got to Hartford and saw that the rain wasn't going to let up, I decided that a tour of the capitol building was just thing for a rainy day. This is looking up towards the dome with a statue of the genius in the way. She is suppossed to go on top of the dome once CT has the money to hoist her up there.


CT hero, Nathan Hale, first U.S. spy quoted as saying at his hanging, "I regret that I have but one life to loose for my country."

CT heroine, Prudence Crandall. She taught African American girls and eventually had to leave the state due to severe threats against her. She moved Kanses and taught Native Americans the rest of her life.

The legislative room. Each desk has a little buzzer that says, "Yay, or Nay" depending on how you are voting.

Chairs made out of the famous Charter Oak in the senate room

Order! (senate room)

The capitol building built in 1870. Very beautiful building.

After we took the tour and had lunch in their cafeteria Beatrice still wanted to see the gardens so her and Thula braved the rain with our dinky little dollar store umbrella.









1 comments:

Rob said...

looks like everyone had fun!

background

My Book Reviews

Widget_logo